Sunday, July 18, 2010

[Poem#23] Eva

I said, "No problemo," and turned to return
the file to its proper placement. He,

former Spanish major, corrected me,
"It's problema." As it happens, problems

in Spanish are feminine. He chuckled,
deflecting, "I didn't say it" and turned back

to his computer. I think back to dear
Eva, the world's first mujer, the cause

of problems being female, or so history
has painted. Could it be her fault

when all she wanted was a fruit
that would taste like heaven
in a garden not built to last?


(first [hopefully!] in a series about every [maybe?] woman i come across in the Bible)

2 comments:

  1. Love this, love this, love this!

    You should send it to Koh. She would love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Karith! I thought you might enjoy it - miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete