Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Page - "What I'm Reading"

If you look up at the top of this page, there's a tab that says "What I'm Reading." I made a resolution/commitment/tentative choice to read four books a month this year. That's approximately one book a week, but we all know that I'll read the majority of pages in the last week of the month. Procrastination, old friend, I salute you.

Anyway, this is a way to keep me accountable. These books will find their way into my writing (actually, I've been meaning to write about ALL of them - hello again, Procrastination), but I wanted to make a list. I'm starring the one per month that I liked the best, and I'm also writing a one sentence summary. All of the books I list are not necessarily recommendations, but feel free to check them out from your local library or buy them from an independent bookstore. We've got to keep both of those places in business, people!

Now, A Traveller's History of England is calling my name. Seriously, craziest history ever: Celts, Romans, Saxons, Angles, Jutes, Vikings, and we're not even past 1000 AD. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment