Monday, May 10, 2010

True quote of the day...

"Don't be too harsh to these poems until they're typed. I always think typescript lends some sort of certainty: at least, if the things are bad then, they appear to be bad with conviction."

-Dylan Thomas, letter to Vernon Watkins, March 1938


This simply makes me laugh, and I recall many similar statements coming out of my mouth. Bad With Conviction!

P. S. Just because it's typed on my blog doesn't mean it's typed-typed. Doesn't count. Don't judge.

P. P. S. I'm running out of true quotes because I haven't been READING. I have, though, been working, organizing my poetry folder, going to the gym (okay, once), eating ice cream (okay, more than once), watching copious amounts of Project Runway, and sleeping. Oh, where to find the hours?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment