Tuesday, April 20, 2010

True quote of the day...

"The amateur, underestimating Resistance's cunning, permits the flu to keep him from his chapters; he believes the serpent's voice in his head that says mailing off that manuscript is more important than doing the day's work.

The professional has learned better. He respects Resistance. He knows if he caves in today, no matter how plausible the pretext, he'll be twice as likely to cave in tomorrow.

The professional knows that Resistance is like a telemarketer; if you so much as say hello, you're finished. The pro doesn't even pick up the phone. He stays at work."

-p. 80, The War of Art, Steven Pressfield

I have a tummyache tonight. My head is pounding. And I'm super tired. BUT. I'm still going to show up. Maybe all that I write will be crap. Maybe tomorrow I'll be ashamed of those words. But at least I did my work. It's how habits are formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment